We are looking for a capable Welder who will be responsible for cutting and joining metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites, using appropriate equipment. Your job will be to provide safe foundation for strong infrastructure.
You should be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions, have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is also required.
Field Welder responsibilities are:
- Explore and follow blueprints and drawings, taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Prepare the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Prepare components for welding according to specifications (such as powered saws to match measurements when cutting material)
- Use angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Use calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces to align components
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions to weld components
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Check welded surfaces and structures for flaws by testing and inspecting them
- Keep your equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Welder requirements are:
- 5+ years' experience of working on a Welder position
- Solid experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures, such as Fluxcore and Stick able to use the automatic welding equipment The Goat and the 3 o clock
- Solid experience using electrical or manual tools, such as saws, squares, calipers and so on
- Excellent knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing, such as face-shield and gloves
- Good ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Agility, professionalism and close attention to detail
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Professional Certification, such as AWS welding certificate, will be a bonus
HMT is the global leader in aboveground storage tank solutions. HMT brings a distinct level of innovation and service to the tank industry through a unique approach of partnering with customers to optimize tank operations. Knowing that every customer’s need is different, we use our decades of experience to customize solutions that help tank operations become more efficient, more productive and more profitable.
HMT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.