Summary of Position:
A Technical Advisor is responsible for ensuring that jobs in the field are performed efficiently, safely, and in a quality manner. The Technical Advisor is the primary contact for Field Crew and will direct the customer with regard to site related activities. The Technical Advisor will work with the Field Crew, Project Managers and relevant Technical support departments to achieve these goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that jobs are being executed in an efficient manner and that the Field Crew has all the resources needed to achieve the goal of completing the project within the project constrains - on spec / on time / on budget.
- Responsible to proactively review and participate in the projects pre-planning activities from project initiation to completion; scope of work, site survey, data sheets, drawings, tools & equipment, MRL, installation manual, TRA, ITP, method statement, installation schedule and project hand-over to the client.
- Responsible for communicating to the Project Managers and Technical Support departments any site related constraints that will affect the outcome on the project proactively and are expected to participate to drive solutions to resolve and bring the project back to the desired outcome.
- Coordinate communication among your team members, the customer, and subcontractors as needed.
- Ensure that all HMT and site-specific safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- Responsible for assisting with the maintenance of HMT-owned equipment as needed. Communicate with the department head regarding equipment problems.
- Assist the Project Manager in identifying scope of work changes.
- Attend job walks and bid meetings as needed to assist the Project Managers in determining the site conditions and developing the scope of work for customer quotations.
- Ensure that all QA/QC policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assist with the training of employees as needed.
- Assume the site related project duties of a working supervisor when required.
- Expected to add value, be solution driven and help drive continuous improvement to be more effective in the value proposition offering.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Leading/Coaching Teams
- Confined Space
- Project Experience per product group (2-4 years)
- Working on height
- Reading and understanding drawings
- Internal product installation training (Dome-Deck-Seal-Deckmaster)